Egusi Soup | Africa Delicacies - How to Make Egusi Soup
- On: 7th Jul 2021
- Category: DIY
Egusi soup is a healthy food that will satisfy your taste bud and keep your mouth-watering for more.
It can be accompanied with swallows like Eba, Amala, Semovita, Pounded Yam, Fufu and the likes.
- Two Cups of Ungrounded Egusi (Melon)
- Three - Quarter measure of red (palm) oil
- Four Teaspoonful of grounded crayfish
- One Maggi Seasoning
- One & half Kilogram of meats
- One bulb of Onion
- Chilling pepper (as desired)
- Few Bitter leaf (preferably)
- One - One & half teaspoonful of salt
- Some few Stockfish pieces
- 10 off chew pieces of Kpomo (Cow-skin)
- Smoke (or Dry) Fish
EGUSI SOUP PREPARATION PROCEDURE
- Wash your proteins and season with clean salted water to remove more diet.
- Put your pot on fire and steam the meats, stock-fish, and the smoke fish for 5 minutes and drop the pot from the fire.
- Place an empty pot on the fire.
- Pour some red oil in the pot and allow to heat up for a minute. Then add the onion and stir till the onion turned soft a bit then add the egusi and stir very well.
- Add the steamed meats, stock-fish, and the smoke fish, some water according to the quantity of the ingredients into the pot and stir.
- Add salt, maggi, and pepper to taste.
- Replace the lid and allow boiling for 10 minutes.
- Then add the (bitter) leave, allow boiling for 15minutes and uplift the pot from the fire.
Viola! Your Egusi Soup is ready to be served and eaten.
Feel free to tell us how you prepare your own egusi soup or any other equsi delicacies.